Thursday, April 22, 2010

Keep On Keeping On

This week has been an exhausting one for me! Between school, workouts, and this new restrictive carb thing I'm trying I am absolutely beat. I just finished my senior project last night with my group. We had to create a 37 page plan book for an advertising campaign on State Farm. Last night we were in the library until 12:30. The night before, I was there until it closed. Guess what time our library closes... 4AM! I am still recovering.

I did my hill and sand sprints on Monday. I go every morning around 9:30 and I always see the same man walking up the hill that I run. The other day he asked me if I was training for the Olympics. I said you know it! He made my day. If that's not inspiration I don't know what is. :) I lifted on Tuesday without Rico because he has been up in Chicago for a family emergency. So he sent me my workout over email and I went into the gym and got it done by myself. Usually when I go in I am the only girl in the area with all the heavy weights. I love it. Yesterday, the day after my extremely long night, I decided to relax. I didn't want to kill myself. So today I am going to go lift and then go for a nice 2 mile run.

This weekend I am heading home to play in USAV Regionals, an indoor tournament. I was trying to play on a USAV team this year and go to Nationals but it was too expensive and my team and I were struggling to find sponsors. So we decided that this year wasn't our year and we would try again next year. It's bittersweet because now I can train for beach earlier, but now I'm not going to Phoenix with the rest of my friends that have teams. Anyway, like I said I am going home to play in Regionals with a friend's team. I get to play middle. I haven't played middle since my freshman year. Granted I still run middle attacks but the blocking is what is going to get me. Hopefully I can close to the pins. It will be an experience, a fun one I am sure. I will write a post about how that went next week.

Yesterday I got some upsetting news. Bryan McDermand informed me that the EVP we were planning on going to in Naples switched to just women. How does that effect me? Well technically it doesn't have to but Bryan and I were both going to go play. I was going to treat myself to a graduation gift and go play at this tournament. But since they don't have a men's division anymore Bryan can't go. So upsetting. I was so excited to go play an EVP in a different state, especially Florida! We do have a plan for that weekend though, the good old Blind Draw at Four Lakes. It's a 4's sand tournament where you get placed on a team with random people, hence Blind Draw. It's an all day event with food. There are always pick up matches going on so I am excited for that. It'll be my first one in 2 years. I never got to go to one last summer.

I am getting more and more excited as the days past. Summer is approaching quickly! I have one more week of normal class and then finals begin. After finals I move back home and then BEACH TRAINING BEGINS! I have a couple of different people in mind for partners (thanks to Bryan). I hope we connect. If I can find the right partner I have no doubt that I can make it far in beach, but only time will tell. :) Look for my next post on Sunday or Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment